Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Welcome to MNPEA Sherburne County

Congratulations Sherburne County on joining the MNPEA juggernaut! I feel a certain personal connection to you. Like Hennepin, the vote to leave Teamsters Local 320 was overwhelming...only 2 voted to keep Teamsters!

Like Roger and Natalie, I was also removed as a Union Steward without due process by Teamsters Local 320 Secretary Treasurer Sue Mauren, even though elected by the members. We both learned of Teamsters Democracy!

Back when I still believed the Teamsters could change and actually represent the members, Sherburne County supported me in my winning bid to be a delegate to the 2011 Teamsters Convention on the Anyone But Hoffa Slate. Of course even that election would have been corrupted had we not received Federal oversight.

So for these and so many more reasons I say welcome aboard. You will love the fact that members actually control their destiny and the legal protection is unprecedented.

In solidarity,
Wade Laszlo




No comments: