Wednesday, February 15, 2023

PERA election update

 As many know I was running for a seat on the PERA Board.


I received the following email yesterday:


Gladys Rodriguez (PERA)

Tue, Feb 14, 12:02 PM (21 hours ago)


Dear Wade, 

Thank you for your interest in the PERA Board of Trustees election, and for your investment of time and energy in running to represent the Retired Membership on the Board. Unfortunately, you were not selected. The election results will be certified this Thursday at the PERA Board of Trustees meeting.

 

Thank you, again, for taking the time to participate in the PERA Board election.

 

Warm Regards, 

GLADYS RODRIGUEZ | EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT


While I am disappointed the good news is I received over 7,000 votes! I spoke to PERA's Executive Director and he informed me I always have his ear. 


This speaks a lot to the influence of the MNCORA members, we will not be easy to ignore.


There's a lot of work to do protecting our pension and MNCORA has been and will be busy protecting and trying to strengthen our PERA Correctional Pension.


One very important point. The PERA Correctional Plan has over $1 billion in the PERA fund and Correctional Officers and their retirees have no voice. We need a seat at the table!


Thank you to all the MNCORA members, LEO's, PERA members and Retirees who supported me. It was a good showing.


Best of luck to Denny Flaherty who won.


Wade

No comments: