Tuesday, June 04, 2013

What happens when Internal Affairs is Wrong?

What happens when Internal Affairs is wrong?

Well, it just cost the California Department of Corrections about $1,000,000 and "Now the California Correctional Peace Officers Association wants the investigators investigated."

Full story here: The Sacramento Bee

I've been a Union Steward probably longer then a lot of you have been in Corrections. I've sat in Internal Affairs investigations where they were just fact finding, but I've also sat in ones where it appeared there was a pre-determined outcome they were steering towards. 

I also have personally been involved on two occasions when our own Internal Affairs has violated our members Garrity Rights

I can only advise, never go to Internal Affairs without contacting our MNPEA attorneys. If you get a letter to go to I.A. call 651 287-8883. Do not go alone. 

Do not be pressured to give a statement without representation because they are in a hurry. It is your contractual and legal right.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/06/04/5468605/judge-says-witnesses-evidence.html#storylink=cpy

No comments: