Saturday, October 10, 2009

H1N1

By now you've received the Sheriff's Office plan for the H1N1 procedure. It calls upon us to do things we've not done in the past. Like with the RNC we will rise to the occasion as the professionals we are. While the plan may not be perfect it is better to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

I find myself in agreement with Bill Sturgeon when he writes in his "For Those in the Field" column, H1N1 virus may, like the Y2K alarm, turn out to be a big bust, or it may turn out to be the most significant medical event in recent memory. It is better to be prepared than to be caught unprepared.

For those who fall into the high risk group or have infants at home I urge you to notify your supervisor if scheduled in a "red zone."

Overall I think they did a good job putting together the plan. My only disappointment is the reversal on the decision to release without bail non-violent misdemeanors. If it gets bad and we are short of staff and high on inmate count it may be too late to enact that aspect of the plan that got scrapped, and make no mistake it was not scrapped by the committee.

Most of you know I am not exactly known as a company man. I'm not shy about criticizing when I see something I believe is wrong. But on this I think the H1N1 committee did a good job. I hope it's not necessary, but if this H1N1 actually does take off it's better to have a plan in place then just wing it.

1 comment:

sam59527 said...

sangambayard-c-m.com